Friday, February 6, 2009

Facing Up To Facebook

I'll admit it.

I like to think I know when I've got an addiction - and I think I've found one.

Thanks to everyone - especially my loving husband- but also to all my friends, co-workers, etc. that have convinced me that it is a good idea to go onto this thing called Facebook.

I am now a Villain, a Dwarven warrior, a magician in a school of magic. I save rainforests 1 square foot at a time. I send fish to all of my friends. I become a fan of things I never even realized I could be a fan of! I can Kidnap people to my secret hideout. I can chase a rainbow. I can read the writing on the wall and write on someone else's.

Above all and much more importantly, I can keep up with friends that I haven't spoken to in years. I found out that schoolmates are now married with children. Some friends are even living in the same city I am! I can catch up with family that I wouldn't necessarily get to see otherwise.

And I don't have to feel like I have to update it every couple of days (like some other Spaces...)

OK, so now I have to think about what I want people to know what I'm doing. It can be pure fun or something completely mundane.

But regardless, I'm addicted.

I've got to check in and see what everyone is doing. And I can't forget to do my part in saving the environment. Plus, I want to see exactly how many fish and little plant creatures I can collect!

So off I go... I think I'll see about defeating my first Hero in my Villianous career!